The Fine Arts Academy will give its 2023 Theory Tests on Saturday, February 11, 2023 from 9:30 a.m. – Noon. This test is for all students regardless of instrument. This test sets a standard of musical knowledge for each level of study and follows the state standards set by the Texas Music Teachers Association.
General Test Instructions:
- Each teacher will let their students know what level of test they will take.
- Report directly to your testing room; your teacher will let you know which room number to go to the week before the test.
- Upon arrival at the testing room, a teacher will confirm your registration and testing information. Students need to bring several pencils and good erasers.
- All students may take the test between the hours of 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon.
- Awards will be given to anyone who receives a passing score of 70 or above.passes. Medals will be awarded to those students who receive a 90 or above on the test and these will be given out at your studio recital at the end of the semester. 90-93 is a Bronze, 94-96 is a Silver and 97-100 is a Gold. Students receiving between 70 and 90 will receive a certificate.